|The youth of the world will be the benefactors of such a new single currency and we are currently involving more than 1000 schools worldwide in an international design competition to create the ‘final’ look and name of the new coins. |
|The students and professors (first on the left) of the American School of Milan. |
The schools is the first which started the contest for the best work about UWFC.
640 children (325 boys and 315 girls) aged between 7 and 18 years took part in an internal competition to come up with a name and symbol for the new currency. This was after they had received input from journalist Sandro Sassoli, creator of this project from its start in 1996 and numerous other events such as official celebrations of the Italian Lira, and from Professor Guido Crapanzano, monetary consultant for the Bank of Italy and representative for Italy on the European Central Bank (ECB)’s international jury which chose the Euro banknote designs.
An international jury, comprising the heads of the world’s leading mints, economists, Nobel-prize winners, and figures from the world of culture and entertainment (including Sophia Loren and Carlo Rambaldi, creator of E.T.), Luc Luycx (creator of the uniform side of the Euro coin), and Hans-Henning Goehrum and Albert Beck (presidents of the World Money Fair), will have the task of selecting and rewarding the children’s best work on giving the new currency its name and design.
(The image have a link context content. Click over the image to open the document)
PRESENTATION OF THE WORKS
- Graphic art
- Drawing or Painting(water-colors, tempera, acrylic, pencil). Black and white, or colors.
The assays and compositions must be written in A4 size sheets.
At the end of the assay it is possible to add a design in black and white or color.
Dimensions for graphic: A3 Size or A4 Size (also can be 3-dimensional). We accept only original works, and not photocopies.
- artwork should not be framed
- artwork must be signed on the backside (in PRINT characters): original work title; author's first/last name; age; sex; mailing address with postal code; telephone number; Country of origin of the student.
- (for classes, clubs, groups, educational institutions) name and complete address of the school, first/last name of the teacher, telephone number of the school.
Jury: an international Jury will decide the winner works at its only unobjectionable choice.
Last validation date: The works have to be sent within 10 May, 2009.
Number of works:
- Individual contestants may enter up to TWO works;
- Original artwork submitted with the contest entry has to be considered as ceded and granted rights from the student/parents/school to our Organization part, and it becomes the property of the contest organizers and cannot be returned.
- Participants assign all intellectual property rights in their submitted artwork to the contest organizers.
- Winning artworks may be used in various programs aimed, for example, at popularization of children's creativity and to be freely and at organizers discretion used for any purpose including institutional presentations/promotions activities of the project, with no territorial and time limits.
- By submitting an entry, each contestant and his/her parent/legal guardian agree: they have read, understand and will comply with these official rules; and, or to the extent permitted by law, consent to the use of the Contestant's name, and likeness and/or biographical data for purposes of advertising and promotion by the organizers, without further consent, compensation or approval.
PRIZES for winner works:
- 1st work: 1 Gold Banknote, in pure gold 999.9
- 2nd work: 1 Gold Coin, official tender
- 3rd work: 1 silver coin, official tender